How To Make Chingri Malai Curry (An Indian Recipe)
I had the opportunity to eat Indian food a few weeks back. Although I can’t remember the names of everything, I definitely remember the colors and tastes of the foods. Even the desserts were colorful. Made me think that something like that would be perfect for children and adults who find it difficult to eat bland looking foods. It would also be perfect for those who are always looking to try new things in the kitchen.
So, guess what? We’d be learning how to make a number of Indian foods. These recipes are from people and friends that I’ve worked with. And I hope you find these recipes as interesting as I did.
Chingri Malai Curry is a Bengali dish that contains prawns cooked in spices and coconut milk. Cool, right? To get the full effect of the meal, serve with rice. A friend says eating it with rice makes it an authentic Bengali meal.
Here’s what you need;
- 400 gm prawns
- 3 tablespoons of mustard oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of whole cumin
- 2 tablespoons of ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin paste
- 2 tablespoons of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- Salt to taste
Ready to get cooking? Here’s what you have to do;
- Blanch the prawns in turmeric water.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add sugar and whole cumin.
- Add the ginger paste, cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and sauté
- Now add the prawns and slit green chilies and stir for few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, cook for few more minutes and then add salt.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and ghee on top and serve.
P.S: We value and appreciate feedback. Your likes, shares, comments and follows are well-appreciated. Don’t forget to download our app @ https://goo.gl/BkdN2V. Trust us, the link is real and you’d totally enjoy the app. Thank you!
#Afmobi #Palmchat #PalmPlay